Sunday, September 02, 2007

VS Teaching

Japanese workers have many trainings after they start to work. On the Job Training (OJT) is the basic style for their training. Senior workers become trainers or teachers, and new workers learn a lot from them.
This summer, suddenly, I was asked to be a teacher for new workers by my company. I have to prepare for their training in the next month, so I am very busy now. Even though today is Sunday, I worked whole the day to prepare for it.
Fortunately I had gotten a lot of teaching technique in Kid's English Teaching Class. I think the basic technique to teach children English can be used even in Adult's Working Class. That's why this prepareation for the training is a very interesting work for me. It's a good chance for me to judge my teaching man's potentiality.
I think teaching is a very creative work. When I prepare for the training, I need to create something for it. How to explain what I know is sometimes very difficult. I have to create the explanation for it.
Unfortunately, creativity cannot happen in my office. It can happen only in a relaxing mood. So, recently, I am working even in my home! Of course, with alcohol. I know I can be the most creative, in my house and with drinking something cool. However I have a problem. The more I become creative, the more I become sleepy, for the alcohol. The balance between creativity and alcohol is difficult.
This week, I will join the new wirker's training as a teacher.
I hope the students are nice to understand well what I say and even what I don't say.

No comments: