Sunday, October 21, 2007

VS Old Mac

He is just seven years old. He had never been sick in his life. He was very well untill the day. But...
My Macintosh was broken suddenly.

On the day, I had listened to music by my Mac.
In my house, there is no TV, no CD player and no Video player. So, Mac is the only one electorical equipment for fun in my house.
The Mac had played J-POP music very well as usual. I enjoyed it with reading a book.

A strange thing happened after a few songs play. Suddenly, I couldn't listen to the music.
I stopped reading a book, and checked a moniter.
I thought he stopped playing, but he had been still playing. But, I couldn't listen to the music. I clicked a volume controller. Then, I could listen to the music again.
I didn't understand why such a starange phenomena had happened, but I was satisfied that the trouble was fixed up. So, I started to read the book again.

However, the trouble was not fixed up in fact.
My Mac stopped working suddenly, and shut down by himself!
I couldn't understand what happened, so I tried to boot it up again, but he didn't make it.
I kocked at him a several times, but nothing happened.
I had no idea what I should do then. So, I decided to go to bed. I hoped that everything would go well on the next morning.

The next morning, everything was unchanged unfortunately.
My Mac was completely dead.
I called Mac office a few days later, and asked the staff for the possibility to make him alive again. The answer was miserable. Because my Mac is very old, they can't fix it now.
He is just seven years old, though....

Now, I can't check my e-mail and use Internet. No sound and no movie in my house. My house is very silent. I sometimes push some keys on my Mac, but he doesn't give me any reaction.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Ah! I'm so sorry for your Mac and you, Akio. The Apple people would never even try to fix your computer because they want you to buy a new one. Though, seven years is a long time for one computer to last in my opinion. Usually they begin having problems after five years or so. But if you do some research online or read some techinical books you can teach yourself enough about computers to find a solution or at least try to find a solution to your problem.