Saturday, April 11, 2009

VS Beer Discussion

Today, in the disucssion class in Aeon, I became a MC to organize the class. Because the topic of the discussion was about Japanese beer, my teacher Sudhan thought I deserve to be the orgaqnizer there. It was my first time in my 10-year experience in Aeon that I sat down on the chair of teacher. So, I was excited.

Talking about beer in English was great. All students have their own experience of beer drinking. We couldn't stop talking about it.
At first, I asked them when or where they want to drink beer, which kind of situations are good for beer? : Midnight, before the dinner, With food, Without food, Near the sea, After working. Each has their favorite situations.
I think beer is the most flexible drink to the situations. So, anytime and anywhere is my answer.

Last night I drunk with two female coworkers in an izakaya. They got angry with their boss during their working time. So, I invited them to drink beer.
After a few glasses of beer, their anger became calm down. I thoght beer is a magical drink to make us happy and peaceful.

In the discussion class, I explained for Chimey. It's a worldwide popular beer brewed in Belgy, but no people in the call knew it. For the most Japanese, beer is Asahi, Kirin, Suntry or Sapporo. But there are a huge numer of types of beer in the world. Japanese beer career is still on the start line.

Anyway, I could know that it is a tough work to organize one-hour discussion. I sometimes have to summurise the talker's opinion. I sometimes have to encourage students to talk more. And, sometimes I have to change the flow of the discussion. Fotunately all students in the class were the people with experience. They supported me very much.
Next week, I will re-recognze the seat of a student is more confortable.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Congrats, friend! I enjoyed Discussion class very much, though it is a difficult job indeed! I always thought Pat's style was best for Discussion class. What a great topic too. I enjoyed a National Bohemian in Maryland last week. It was a delicious, local, and light beer!

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Thanks, Mike.
Our discussion class is progressing. The people joining our class are very talkative to the extent that sometimes I feel the difficulty to get the timing to talk.

I know there are many great beer in America. But ther are not known by the most of Japanese. Because we canh't have the chance to taste it. I envy you! Cheers.