Monday, July 20, 2009

VS Surprise Birthday Party

Yesterday I went to Tsukuba for my friend Peter's surprise birthday party arranged by her wife and friends. The party was held in a mexican restaurant.
It takes around 2.5 hours from Atsugi to Tsukuba.
I got up early morning, bought a canned beer in a convenience store and got on the Romance car on Odakyu line with Mr.Miyajima-kun. 2.5 hours was long. Of course, before arriving at Tsukuba, we were drunk.
Fortunately we arrived at the restarant one hour earlier, so we could have a time to cool us down. I waited for everybody's coming with drinking coffee.

The party was great. Around 20 people joined it. Peter's age seems to be a special one in Australian culture or in Western culture. It's like Japanese Kanreki (=60 years old). From the view point of Japanese, his age is too too young. But anyway, it is great to cellebrate him at an turning-point age.

After the party, I went to Izakaya and Karaoke with my old friend Scott. By chance, we met a German guy coming to Japan last day for the first time. The man looked happy to listen to Emglish conversation between me and Scott. So, we invited him to join us, and went together. He could experience Japan's two biggest culture, Izakaya and Karaoke. He was lucky.

I and Miyajima-kun went back to Atsugi on Romance car again on the day. Of course, we continued to drink beer on our way home. We were keeping on the cellebrating mood for Peter whole the day. We admired us by ourselves.

No comments: