Wednesday, May 05, 2010

VS Niigata

My challange of Sepak Takraw games was held on Myoukou hill in Niigata prefecture. It was regrettable for me and my friends to lose all games, but we enjoyed very much.
The people in Niigata was very kind. They arranged not only the tournament, but also all lunches for Sepak Takraw players (approximately 200 players) for three days and the dinner party after the tournament. To be honest our playing level didn't deserve such too much hospitality, so it made us humbled. We have to pratice more and more.

Myoukou hill is near Myoukou mountain. It is a good place for skiing in winter season. I am not sure what we can do in summer season there, but the cool condition seems to be good for any sports.
In this spring season, the mountain vegetables are very tasty there. Every night I enjoyed them with Japanese Sake after playing Sepak Takraw.

The only one bad thing is that Niigata is far. During Golden week, the trafific jam was disqusting. Fortunately we could escape from it (because we got up very early, 3 am), but it took 5 hours to go to Niigata from Atsugi by car. For the regidents in Kanto area, the access to Niigata is not easy. Of course, it wouldn't ruin the city's value, though.

By chance, I could look at the flower of a skunk cabbage (Mizu Ba Syou) on the hill. The flower is in bloom from the end of April to the begining of May. Because it's a very short time, I was lucky. If I can enter for Sepak Takraw tournamnet in Niigata next year, I will enjoy the nature there.

No comments: