Monday, November 07, 2011

VS Kyoto Life

Two months has passd since I moved to Kyoto.
I seems to be accustomed to my new life.
I am finding out the beauty and uniqeness of Kyoto again, even though it was my hometown.
I like this city's darkness.
To keep the atomosphere of Kyoto, it seems to be restricted to use the lights.
In addition, the hight of bulidings is also regulated. So, in night time, the sky is wide. We can look at the mountains surrounding Kyoto city very clearly.

My job is same here as Tokyo. Book sales. My impression of customers here is that they are classic.
Based on thier religious backborn, thier respectation to books is vety high. They have collected great books.
For booksales, this kind of customers are excellent. That's why I can enjoy my job here.

Thanks to Kyoto city's compactness, my living place and my office is very close. And, the drinking area is also close!
The biggest night spot GION is near my house. I can go to Kawaramachi street on foot. It is a big shopping street.
If I have the same benefit in Tokyo, my living cost must be high. But, in Kyoto, the cost is not so high. The reason might be because there are many students living here. Actually the number of schools and universities in Kyoto is same or more, compared with Tokyo.

My language is a little strange. I sometimes speak Eastern Japanese and sometimes Western Japanese. On business, the tendency to use Eastern version might be strong. For emotional conversation, Western Japanese is useful. But, for logical communication, Eastern is better.
And, English! It is the great tool in Kyoto because this city is the one for travellers from all over the world. I can have many oppotunities to talk with many countries' people here.

I should go to many historical places during I stay in Kyoto. To be honest I don't know temples and shriens so much, because I was not interested in them in my childhood.

No comments: