Sunday, October 23, 2005

VS Periodical

For some book salesmen and publishers, this month is the busiest in a year. Because everybody have to decide which journals or magazines to read in the next year. To read some journals from January, we have to order them now. So, all book salaesmen, publishers and readers have a time limit. We all are very busy in this month.

Now the publishing style of journals is changing rapidly in the world. Paper version was usual several years ago, but now, the rate of Electoric version is increasing rapidly, especially for English journals.
Compared with English journals, Japanese publication is old-fashioned. Still now, paper version is popular in Japan. But, I think Electric version will become popular soon in Japan.

In next month, a big show for librarians is held in Yokohama. Electoric publication is one of the show's themes. Not only librarians but also publishers or ordinary people come to the show. So, I will go there too. I guess some Japanese IT company people will come there too, because they are very interested in colaborating with TV companies, radio companies and so on. I think publishing is also in their interest. Most of Japanese publishing companies are small. If Japanese IT companies think about buying publishing companies, they will realise it's very easy.

After this busy month, I will go to Shanghai again. I will become both relaxed and nervous there.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Wow. You go to Shanghai. That's great Akio. Very exciting. Have you heard of "lexis-nexis" it is an online database of many many publications. it is very useful for universities, because Professors and students can use them to write scholarly papers.

where is hawaiian bar in honatsugi? sounds great. how is the food? is it like okinawan?

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Hey Mike, now, I am looking forward to visiting Shangahai again. But, I have to finish a lot of business first.

I know "lexis-nexis". Also in Japan, it's a must-tool for Law school. I know that the school in USA is more developed for database than Japan. Now, it is an important job for book-salesman to recommend such an useful database to customers.

My favorite Hawaiian bar is near my house. The mood is hawaiian, but the food is either hawaiian nor okinawan. But, I can enjoy hawaiian "kona" beer. I like the taste. If you find out Hawaiian restaurant in NY, please report it in your blog!