Sunday, December 11, 2005

VS Fukuoka

In Japan, we often call December "Shiwasu". The direct meaning is "Teacher is running." I don't
know the root of the word, but as we can anticipate it easily, it means "Rush","Busy" or
"Hurry". The word is fitted to my present feeling. Because, I had a trip soon again after Hakone trip. I went to Fukuoka last weekend. It was a very busy schedule.

My aim of this trip was just to see my old friends there.
Fukuoka-city is very convenient. We can go to the center of the city within 15 minutes from Fukuoka airport. So, when a airplane is landing, the view of the city is very close. In night time, it is very beautiful.
In all seasons, the food is delicious in Fukuoka. Especially in winter season, sea foods are great. Sake and Syochu are too delicious.
I organized a drinking party soon when I arrived at Fukuoka. My school friend, my company friend and my English-study friend came to the party. They didn't know each other. So. I had to be a good host there. It is funny to mix the people who don't know each other.

One of my friends also organized another drinking party at another night, for me. We went to a very delicious restaurant and a stylish bar. My friend intorduced his gril friend and her friend to me there. My friend's aim was to make his girl friend's friend my girl friend! For I didn't prepare for the situation, I was a little nervous(maybe).
My friend thought that I and he will drink together many times in the future. And, in the future, we will drink togther with our wives of girl friends. If our wives or girl friends can't get along well together, our drinking life would bocome worse.
So, he thought that I should be a boy friend of his girl friend's friend. He is crazy, but logical. In the situation, I had to behave as a good man. I couldn't be drunk at all.

This trip was not only for drinking.
Recently a new national musium was open in Fukuoka. I went there with other friends. The musium's display focuses on the relationship between Japan and other Asian countries. In the musium, I saw many Asian tourists. We can easily understand the similarity and difference among Asian countries there. The displayed things is very good. But, compared with them, the building of the musium is TOO good. It must be very costly. This symbolizes Japanese cultural policy. The governmnet tends to be satisfied with constructing a beautiful building.

After this trip, my mood is to finish this year beautifuly. I went to many places this year. And, I had good experiences. Now, I have to remember them, and think about the next challenge of the coming new year.

No comments: