Sunday, April 29, 2007

VS Tissue Paper

After Aeon discussion class, in front of Hon-Atsugi station, I watched Aeon staff gave passangers the tissue paper with the advertisment of the school. I didn't have to get the school information because I am its student, but I wanted to get a tissue paper, so I came close to the staff and I got it.
The advertisement said "20% off, Until today."
I was excited a little even though I didn't know what is 20% off. Actually this tissue paper advertisement system has magical power.

When I got the tissue, I was completely free. I didn't have any plan at the moment. So, I continued to watch her working.
I didn't have any idea of the tissue giving job. Usually except for hey fever season, I don't get such a tissue on a street. So, I didn't know who get the tissue, what the technique of the job is and how hard the job is.
Standing next to the staff, I realised that old men and women got the tissue easily. Young persons ignore the tissue offer more, but old people don't refuse the offer.
In addition, some old people came close to the staff, and asked her to give them the tissue.
An old woman, who realised the tissue was the advertisement of English conversation school, started to talk about her son working in America for five years. He seemed to tell her to come to and live in America someday.
"Do you think the old woman like me can study English?"
She asked me. She seemed to think I was the school staff.
"Of course, Madame. It's no problem."
I answered with smile.

My answer didn't have any knowledge for old people's study, and my smile could include a natual reaction and intension of salesman. However, I don't think it was a problem. If she can trust her own possibility by my answer, it's ok. If she will decide to study English someday, I hope 20% discount extend until the day.

No comments: