Sunday, January 27, 2008

VS Pubs

The topic in my discussion class yesterday was Japanese myhtology, but we started the class with the asking from my teacher, "Why do you go to a bar alone?"
For some people, it seems to be strange or unusual to go for drinking alone.

After several parties or gatherings in this month, I went to some beer pubs alone, in order to go back to my primary reason for drinking; the journey for meeting my best liquid partner. "I don't hane to be with a solid partner when meeting a liquid partner." might be the clearest answer to my teacher's asking.

I went to European style beer pub BELGO in Shibuya last week. It was my second times to go there. I enjoyed Hoegaarden at the time. It's a world-wide famous Belgian beer. The color is white. The glass is huge. Due to this beer, my total image about beer had to be reconstracted before, so it can be one of the candidates to be my best partner. BELGO has a huge number of belgoan beer bottles. It may be impossibe to drink all types of beer in the pub.
Now the political condition in Belgium is bad, so it seems to be a taugh work to import beer from the country. Most Japanse doesn't care for Belgian society, but you would note that beer lovers in Japan are a little more sensitive to ithe world's political matters.

I went to Covent Garden as usual last week. I could see another candidate, Hefeweisbeer from German. Sometimes I can meet it in the pub. The taste is similar to Hoegaarden. It is really nice beer. Perhaps, it will go back to the hometown for a while from this week. Ebisu beer red version is going to replace it. The Japanese beer is also good.
When it comes to Japanese beer, I have to write down great local beer here. I enjoyed Tokyo Black in Trafalgar in Machida. The name "Tokyo Black" sounds old-fashioned, but the taste is very good. Although Trafalgar is an English pub, I wouldn't drink English beer, because there are some beautiful Japanese local beer there. In front of beautiful Japanese, enjoying with European is a kind of love affair for me. Cheers.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Hey Akio!

What is your favorite pub of all time???

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Hey Mike, how are you?

My favorite pub? Mmm, it is difficult for me to choose the only one, but I love the pub where friendly staffs are working and funny customers are drinking.

Do you have the pub good for you in NY?

Mike said...

i think my favorite pub in NY are two places one is Juliette and the other bar is The Abbey. Juliette is actually a restaurant with a bar on the roof. in the summertime or any nice day i sat out there with friends enjoying the open air and the view of the city below us; also the food is absolutely AMAZING. they have great burgers. The Abbey is the opposite kind of bar, it is dark and there are no windows, and there is no food but popcorn. the bartenders are warm and very funny and i always meet interesting and funny people at that bar. they also have great video games and an excellent jukebox. so although they are opposite types they are the full spectrum of great bars.

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Varieties of bars and pubs are good. I also like to go to diffrent types of drinking places to follow my mood at the time.

And, I had better add that I am lucky to live in the country with Izakaya.