Saturday, May 10, 2008

VS Beerfall

My lifelong trip to the best beer is continueing. Many kinds of beer is waiting for my opening of their taps. I cannot betray their expectation. There is beer there. I don't have to add any other explanations except for that to shout my next bottle.

Cataratas in Shibuya is a good beer bar. It is located close to Shibuya station but not at the center of the commercial area. So the atomosphere is relaxing. When I went to the bar, most customers inside were the regulars. It's the good sign as a successful pub.
Cataratas treats mainly Belgian beer and German beer. But on the day, I tried Austrian beer. It's very rare in Japan.

This pub is mamaged by a couple. They went to all over the world for one year, for their honeymoon and for studying the world beer. After coming back to Japan, they opened the pub. It is understandable that many rare beer names are on their menu.

What the Dickens is an authentic british pub in Ebisu. Music lives seems to be held every night. When I went there, a blues band was playing songs. The atomosphere in the pub is international. Most customer were foreigners. I ordered a beer with the name of the special year as a turning point in 20th century, 1968. The taste was bitter but mild, like other classical british beer.

At last, I went to Ushitra in Shimokitazawa. In the bar, we can drink many kinds of Japanese local draft beer.
We tend to think beer has bubble or should have bubble. However this bar doesn't think bubble is good for beer. They serve us beer after eraseing bubble. It's original.

Beer is our life.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I <3 Shimo-Kitazawa almost as much as I <3 Beer. One day I hope to live there. i think it'll be fun.