Saturday, May 30, 2009

VS Troubling Friend

Recently one of my old university friends called me suddenly. The last time we met was over five years ago. That's why I was surprised and felt nostalgic. At the time, he had met another friend, and been in a baseball stadium. They seemed to enjoy a baseball game. We talked about the news of each other on the phone, and finished after promising the seeing next time.

After a few hours, the same friends called me again.
And he said,"Can you rent me money?"

He seemed to have a trouble with Yakuza. Even though he has a wife and a kid, he had a love affair with another woman. Unfortunately she is a Yakuza's wife. Their relationship was soon found by the Yakuza, and he told that he would sue my friend.
My friend worried that his wife know the incident. So, he tried to reconcile to the Yakuza, and promised to pay money. But, the amount was huge. He rent money even from his parents, but he couldn't gather the money. That's why he called me. Before calling me, he asked another friend in a baseball studium but his negotiation seemed to fail.

He might have been unlucky. The trouble with Yakuza could be planned by the Yakuza.
But the problem is his attitude to solve the trouble. It is the weak point that he can't disclose the problem to his wife. So, he have to pay the money he can't pay by himself.
I asked him how to pay the money back to your parents and friends in the future? His answer was unclear. I knew the answer must be "impossible", though.

I decide not to rent money to him. He will not be able to gather the money. The Yakuza will sue him. The problem will be known by his wife. As the result, if she will divorce him...., I think he should accept the result. If he need to make unfair dealing with Yakuza and hide many things to his family to keep his family, what is the family?

1 comment:

roaches said...

wow - your friend's story is the story of movies and great fiction and real life. incredible. i think he enjoys digging holes. but only holes that are bigger than the one before. if he doesn't stop, the last thing he will dig is his own grave.