Sunday, April 18, 2010

VS JOJO

The recent biggest news in Japanese publication must be "1Q84 vol.3" by Haruki Murakami. The novel was released on April. 16th. Some bookstores started to sell it from 0 o'clock on the day.
However, I have to pick up another book here. Even though the book is written in French, it was sold out soon after released here in Japan.
The tilte is "Rohan au Louvre".

It's a French comic by the author of a famous Japanese comic, "JOJO's strange adventure". This comic has many fans. Before it was released, the community of the fans were interested in the French comic very much. Thanks to the existence of JOJO fans in my company, we can almost exclusively import the book. (Even Amazon can't catch up with us for getting the stock.)

JOJO fans are fantastic. Even though they can't read French, they buy it!
The last day that I read JOJO was ten years ago. After that, I didn't keep in toudh with it, so I don't know the story now. But, certainly, the first impact of the comic was very big. The tone of the graphic was original. The usage of ONOPATOPOEIA was eccentric. I want to get its English version.

No comments: