Saturday, April 03, 2010

VS MC

A week has passed since Haruka and Yuya's wedding party was successfully finished. I and Peter were the MCs for the day. The experience of MC was like the staying in the typhoon. That's why, after the typhoon has gone, it took a long time to look back to what it was, and understand what happened then.

First of all, it was a great wedding party. The foods and drinks were prepared for very well by the newlyweds. All attractions were exciting and interesting; boxer's punching mitt performance, karete fighter's plank breaking performance, and the race of drinking guava juice in a baby bottle.
I have to write about the great location of the wedding place, C33. It is located close to the sea. On a sunny day, the scenery from the party room is very beautiful, and on the day, it was thankfully sunny.

Before my MC job, I had thought MC was like Karaoke. The script was prepared. Music was set on each points through the party. It looked similer to the singing in a Karaoke room. But the reality was very diffrent. MC was like the singing with a live performance. So, I have to adjust to music players, another singer, and in addition the audience. Flexibility is important. And, it's the difficulty of the job. This experience was a great study for me.

Now, I am thinking I need to study it more. The good information I got from the people in the bridal industry was that they need more male MCs. I didn't say to them "I can.", but I understood they need the man like me. I think I will meet their expectation in the not-so-long future. Wait.

No comments: