Saturday, September 18, 2010

VS B-1 Grand Prix

B-1 Grand Prix has held in Atsugi! We, all of Atsugian, had waited for this day after this city was chosen as the place for the event.
Needless to say, B-1 is one of the biggest food events in Japan. Its unique point is that all foods are what we call B-class foods: it means cheap but delicious foods. In addition, the foods must have locality. Like that the cuisine is very local or the material in the food is used in the limited area in Japan, all foods in the event have to show us it's locality. That's why national food companies can't participate in this event at all. They have no locality.
This unique point made B-1 very popular five years ago. And, two years ago, Atsugi's local food, ShiroKoro, got awarded as No.1 B-class food. So, after that, Atsugi was selected for the city where the event are held this year.

Many many people are coming to Atsugi from this morning. When I went to the event place this morning, it took half an hour to buy tickets to buy foods. (Again! Not to buy foods! To buy the tickets to buy foods! After getting the tickets, I have to be on the line to buy each food.)
Anyway, after I got the tickets, I enjoyed some foods. Sesame and fish flavor noodle in Ooita prefecture was delicious. Black curry in Nagasaki prefecture was spicy and tasty. But, although I didn't eat it today because it became out of stock soon, I am cheering up Shizuoka prefecture's Oden. I think its simple but natural taste deserves the prize. If this event were held in winter, Oden could have a strong advantage because it is a hot food. But, September doesn't match it unfortunately. I hope it will be cooler tomorrow.

B-1's economical impact on Atsugi must be big. Today, around 200,000 people came here. I hope they have a drink or go for shopping in Atsugi city after enjoying the B-1 foods.
I will go to some bars tonight to check Atsugi's economical situation.

No comments: