Tuesday, April 26, 2005

VS Tokyo

My colleague Satoru gave me a difficult request.
He will leave Tokyo soon to move to another office.
His request was to go to a typical Tokyo restaurant bfore leaving.

This request is more difficult than we think.
Because Tokyo is an international city as everybody know.
International city has everthing.
We can eat and drink anythimg we want.
It means it doesn't have a local unique color.
Then it's difficult to find a "typical" Tokyo.

We can go to old Tokyo area.
There are many classical restaurants there.
But in my opinion, they are just an old memory. They were typical before but
now are not typical.

I choose a restaurant, Chritian Cafe in Shibuya, Tokyo.
(See: http://www.ug-gu.co.jp/restaurant/shop/christon-shibuya.htm)
This restaurant concept is "Church".
Yes. It's a fake. It's not real.
The restaurant has a very costly gorgeous decoration.
All customers forget to be in a real world ,Tokyo.
And we can eat many foods NOT related to Tokyo.

I thought this kind of place was "typical" for Tokyo.
I was not sure Satuoru was satisfied with the restaurant.
But I was satisfied with my choice.
He will go to Sendai, a local big city in Japan.
He can enjoy good locality there.

2 comments:

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Now Japan is in Golden Week. Many people have a long day off. (oh, but of course, it's shorter than your long long day off!) Weather is nice. It is not hot and not cold. Heyfever has almost gone. Wind is very comfortable. This season is best in Japan.

Atsugi has no exciting news now. But maybe this city is good for relaxing for everyone. In this Golden week, I saw and will see many old friends coming here.

I watched Texas photo book in Koji's houce. It is nice. The life and nature is completely diffrent from Japan. I wanna enjoy real American food. I think it is suitable for me.

I will give you Aki-X information you are interested in as soon as possible. Please wait!

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Yes.
AkiXXXX is very XXXX, then it's difficult to forget XXX XXXX. XX is always on the center of our mind.
Be careful.
AkiXXX's agressive XXX is very XXXXXX. Once XXX oily muscular XXX captures us, our center of body are XXXX and XXXX.