Tuesday, May 03, 2005

VS International School

Japan had been closed to foreign countries until 1853. Japanese might have enjoyed a happy single life for a long time. But it was difficult to be alone forever in the world. We opened the country and chose Yokohama as the entrance city about 150 years ago.
This is the reason why there are many international schools in Yokohama.

I went to Saint Maur International School with my friends.
(See: http://www.stmaur.ac.jp)
This school is the oldest international school in Japan.
It had recently a school event, International Food Fair.

The school location is very nice.
It is in Yamate area in Yokohama. Yamate means mountain-side.
Yokohama has sea-side. Then the view from Yamate is very beautiful.
There are many historical places and architectures there.
Old church, Old apartment for foreigners, Foreigner's cemetary and so on.

Food Fair was very exciting.
We could eat many countries' foods. At first Mexican food, next Indian snack, Shingapole sarada, Spanish paerea, Bergian beer, Austrarian lamb and Japanese Yakitori! I enjoyed one day world food tour. If I had more time and more stomach capacity, I could eat Korean food and Levanon food.

The relationship between me and this school was at first business.
I sold some textbooks to this school.
I like this school. This internationality is very good. If possible, I wanna be this school student.

Yokohama China Town is near Yamate.
We went to China Town to drink tea.
I konw real China. But China Town in Yokohama has itsown uniquness.
I will report it in another article.

Now I am a food cosmopolitan.

No comments: