Thursday, September 08, 2005

VS China Town

Yokohama city has the biggest China town in Japan.
Chinese people or Chinese-Japanese manages Chinese restaurants there.
When I go there, I become happy. Because I like chinese foods and culture.

I had a dinner with my colleages there last weekend.
We went to a Sichuan-style restaurant(Sisen-style in Japanese), Kyokarou.
(See http://www.kyokarou.com/)
I like the taste in the restaurant. Sichuan-style chinese food is spicy and hot. My favorite is a baked chicken with chili. It's so great. Chili-mountain is on a dish. And, I dig the mountain and find the pieces of chincken with bone. It has an amazing taste.
I drunk three bottles of Chinese sake with my colleages there. The spicy foods are fitted to it.
It reminded me of my China trip this year. I enjoyed a spicy Chinese food restaurant twice at that time.

Compared with real China, the service in China town is better.
Especially, the restaurant I went to was very good. The owner was very kind and friendly. So, I think I will go there soon again.
Of courese, the price is higher than real China. I paid 9000 yen there. By this price, I can go to dinner nine times in China. But it is OK. It is a necessary cost for me to enjoy real Chinese food in Japan.

Now I am thinking about going to China again in this November.
It is the best season for Shangahi Crab. The crab is small. But, if I eat it in Japan, the price of a crub is about 3000 yen. It's too expensive! But, not in China. I can eat it till I become satisfied.
Next time in China, I wanna communicate with Chinese people in Chinese language.
In the restaurant in China town, I learned Chinese a little from the staff. I enjoyed it.
When I was a student, it was not popular to learn Chinese. But, now it is a second-popular language to learn in Japan. So, I can have many chances to study it. It's very nice for me.

Going back to Kyokarou, the noodle is very original. It is thick and cut by a sword. I didn't try it last time, but it must be a strong noodle. I will try it next time.
And in winter season, we can eat very very very hot Nabe there. The soup is red and spicy. I enjoyed the Nabe in Peking four years ago., but I was damaged by it!
I have to revenge it this winter.

No comments: