Friday, September 02, 2005

VS Diary

Recently I am keeping a diary.
This is why I read a Japanese book about a diary, which titile is "The magical power of Diary".
I am influenced by it very much, so I started to keep a diary.

The author says, we don't have to write our impression of daily things in a diary, but we should write the fact or the action or the behavier of ourselves everyday.
And, a more important thing is that we should READ the diary later.
Therefore, we can understand ourselves more.
The auhtor says again, we don't have to write our impression ,our idea or our opinion in a diary.
Because, when we write such a thing, we tend to make ourselves more beautiful. In other words, we tend to make a self-image, which is different from ourselves.
If the purpose of keeping a diary is to understand ourselves more, we should write ourselves as we are.

I was impressed by the book, and I decided to keep a diary.
At first, I thought this blog can be my diary, but I changed my mind soon. Because, in general, the blog like a diary is not interesting for public. I think that a blog is a new publication, so when we write it, we had better make it public to some extent.
It means we have to create something in a blog.
But a diary doesn't want creativity. It wants Facts only.
So, I keep a diary in addition to this blog.

7:00 AM I woke up. I dreamed.....
9:00 AM I went to my office. My boss got angry with me because....
0:00 PM I went lunch with my co-worker. She is interesting and ....
2:00 PM I negotiated with a customer about the price of the books. But I failed....
4:00 PM I called a restaurant to reserve tonight's business dinner.
5:00 PM I got an email from a customer. This was urgent because...
7:00 PM I left my office and went to dinner with my business partner.
9:00 PM I didn't concentrate on business topic ,because of alcohol.

My diary is like this.
I think this acumulatiuon will be interesting and useful, of course only for me.

3 comments:

Mike said...

you attract many people to your blog...hmmmm. maybe it is the power of the hook. but can your hook defend against attackers? attackers of a god? i dont know. you must investigate/

Lance said...

What strange people visit your site. Why is it that they feel you are interested in salvation?

When I kept a journal (diary) I never wrote what I did. I found if I wrote what I did that day it was rather dull and rather unimpressive. Daily life tends to be this way. But if I wrote thoughts I had that day, it was much more interesting for me to read again later.

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

The author says, Life is like a voyage. Sailorman's diary is Facts only, because, if he will lose the way, he would refer to his diary in order to check his previous decision and action. So, the author recomend the fact-based diary.
But, I can understand Lance's point. Certainly, the impression-based diary is more attracitive!