Wednesday, November 23, 2005

VS Bird flu

In my discussion class, we talked about "Bird flu". It is now a big issue in the world. But, not in Japan. To be honest, I was not iterested in this issue. I didn't think it relates to me. However, I realised I have to think about it seriously. Because newsparers say a few people died of the flu in China, and I ate a few chicken foods in China! Actually I had a stomachache in China. But it was caused by my eating spicy foods a lot, I hope.

I can't compare Japan with foreign countries, but I think Japan is a very clean country. We are very sensitive to keep everything clean. So, we can't imagine a deadly illness spreads here.
However, China and Japan is very close. And, Japan imports many thing, including chicken, from China. If the flu spreads in China, it will easily come to Japan. Fortunately, the dead people is a rare case now. Thus, we don't have to afraid of it too much. The people lived in a rural area in China. I think their living condition is not clean enough. Virus likes to live in a dirty area. So, we have to keep our public health clean.
In Shanghai, I watched many people cleaning a street in an early morning. So, I think that a big city like Shanghai is safe. But, safely I add that my thinking is not based on scientific reason, for this issue. Even in a clean area, virus might spread easily.

Japanese government seems to start to think Bird flu is a big problem.
Recently, a new laboratory was built in Tokyo ,for studying a infectious disease.
They needs medical books to study it. And, medical books are very expensive. And, I am a book-salesman. So, I have to go to the laboratory, to help them protect our world from the disease.
I had an appointment with a staff in the laboratory, and met her.
However, because she has an another favorite bookstore, she seemed to have no interest in my proposal.

Sorry, I can't save Japan.

1 comment:

Lance said...

I hope that your competitor’s books aren't substandard to your books. IF they are we might be in trouble.

Regarding the bird flu, people in Tokyo should be all right. There are really only two kinds of birds in the Tokyo area, pigeons and crows. And no one would really mind of the pigeons are gone.