Wednesday, November 09, 2005

VS Red Dragon

I went to Shanghai last week. This was the third time trip to Shanghai in this year. Last two trips was in February and March. They were before a big anti-Japan movement in China. This third time trip was just after President Koizumi's visit to Yasukuni shrine. Many things has happened between last trip and this.

In last two trip, I couldn't talk with Chinese people for my lack of knowledge about Chinese language. But, this time, I studied Chinese language before going there. I thought I have to prepare for a debate with Chinese people for a controversial topic. I am now going to an English discussion class every week. So, I am proud of beating others by language. I thought I can win when I have a debate with Chinese. However, my Chinese is terrible. I can say "Hello", "Good bye", "Thank you" and "You are welcome" in Chinese. That's all! There is a big gap between my ambition and ability.

I experienced many new things in this trip.
When we arrived at Shanghai, we went to a middle-easten bar soon. And, we enjoyed a water-pipe there. It was an amazing equipment. Although I was not good at smoking because I don't smoke in Japan, I could taste the unique flavour.
There were many Turkish in the bar. I have never been to Turky, but I know Turky is where I will die in the future. So, I felt I was in a heaven at that time. There were a lot of angels there.

We went to DJ SASHA's show in a night club. I don't know about DJ play well, but it was a good experience. I thought DJ play is a kind of communication between DJ and the audience. His control of the audience and dancers was good. In fact, I was also controled. I was made danced even though I don't dance in Japan.
He will come to Japan in this month. I have to check his magical play again.

I went to my favorite spicy Chinese restaurant again. Last time, I got a VIP card of the restaurant. As a VIP, I went there.
Most dishes are very hot in the restaurant. My stomach was damaged very much before. So, I selected the menu carefully this time. But, I couldn't escape from stomachache again after the dinner.
I met a female staff I know again. Every time I came there, she surved me, by chance. I got the VIP card from her.
I tried to communicate with her in my terrible Chinese.
" Ni hao ma?"
Her reply was "Ni hao."
I am not sure that the reply "Ni hao" is correct to "Ni hao ma?". But, I want to think I can make a conversation in Chinese.

I went to check three bookstores in Shanghai. Because I will challange a publishing business in China and other Asian countries, in the future.
To be honest, the bookstore in Shangahi is tiny, and not interesting. It is very strange. Because China is one of the biggest publishing countries. On language level, English books are published most in a year. Chinese books are No.2 in the world. But, English books is American book plus England book. So, on country level, I think China is the biggest publishing country. I can't understand why these bookstores are small.

I bought some Chinese tea as a souvenier. After coming back to Japan, I went to a Hawaiian bar, and drunk Shochu with Jasmine tea. It was very delicious. Chinese tea is interesting. Some tea is Art. Now, I am writing this article with drinking pu er tea. It is strongly cleaning my inner body.

Many things to write! But, I finish this article at this point.
Now, this blog site can be read in China. However, it is impossible to write a comment there. It's strange. But, anyway, we can expect to communicate with the people in China freely soon.

No comments: