Sunday, November 13, 2005

VS Cross Roads

A lot of hair desingners is getting together in my city, hon-atsugi. I don't know the reason, but hair salons are increasing here now, even though the population of this city starts to decrease. Our hair growing speed might become faster than before. It's the only one rational reason.

I went to a hair salon, Cross Roads. (http://www.geocities.jp/crossroads_hm/ )
This shop is on a cross road near the south exit of the station. Only two professional hair designers are working there.
I chose this shop for my hair cut before, because it is very small. Small shop is good to keep private atomosphere. I don't like big "hair cut" factries.

Mr. Ogawa, the shop owner, trained for hair designing in New York. He desinged a lot of model's hair there. New York is one of the biggest cities for competition of hair salons and designers. I heard that each race has a different character of hair. Altough most Japanese hair designers have treated only Japanese hair, he has the technique to treat different types of hair.

Ms. Sekiguchi, the shop staff, can not only design hairs but also arrange how to wear the traditional Japanese cloth. As we know, Japanese old wear, especially for women, is very complex. It needs a skill to wear it beautifully. She cuts my hair everytime.

For foreigners in Japan, it would be difficult to find a good hair salon. First difficulty is a language. Second difficulty is a designer's skill.
So is Japanese.
It was very difficult for me to choose a hair salon, when I came to a new city. After many trial, I reached this shop.

By the way, there was a good ramen restaurant near Cross Roads. (To be precise, there "is", but the shop owner changed, so the taste also changed. Thus, for me, there "was".) The ramen was the best miso-taste ramen I have ever eaten. I heard that the previous shop owner will start a new restaurant. I can't miss it.

No comments: