Monday, January 29, 2007

VS Frozen Surfing

I bought a new wet suit for winter surfing in Japan. It can protect me against cold air and water. I can enjoy srufing in winter season too.
But, the wet suit is not an air conditioner. Its proteciton is unfortunately not perfect. In the sea, I can find my body temparature is going down soon. Winter surfing is a very taugh work.

However, even in winter, there are a lot of surfer on Enoshima beach. They get up in the early weekend morning, go to the beach and wait for good waves on the cold sea. If I don't surf, I can say they are crazy. Now, it's the time for skiing. They should go to mountains, not the sea.

I am not sure that it is related to my surfing, but I don't catch a cold in this winter. My body may become strong by surfing. Certainly, it is a good excersice to swim on the sea.

Not only in summer season but also in winter season, female surfers are more than male surfers on the sea. I don't know why? When I went to a surf shop near the beach, I watched a few girls rent surfboards. It was certain that they started to learn surfing recently, because they don't have their own surfboards. Do you want to learn surfing in winter? At least, I don't.

Next month, I will go to Australia. It's in summer there. I can escape from winter for a while. I think I will surf there. My target beach is Harbord beach. The beach is the memorial place, becuase it was used for surfing for the first time in Australia. Now, Gold Coast is more popular for surfing, but I think the memorial beach deserves my first surfing overseas.

No comments: