Tuesday, February 20, 2007

VS Terrorist?

Everytime I get on a plane, I become very nervous. I always guess the possibility of the accident of the plane. How much is the probability of falling down of the airplane? How much is the percentage of my survival possibility in that case? I can't escape from calculating the risk of death before the flight everytime. Besides that, lately, to be worse, I have to think about the case of terrorist's attack of airplane.
That's why I had to be more nervous in this trip.

On my last day in Australia, after I ate dinner in the Sydney airport and drunk beer to be relaxed, I got on an airplane to come back to Japan.
In the airplane, two old male fight attendants and an old female one were working for us. Because I knew the working of old flight attendants didn't mean that the plane was old, I could rely on its safety flight. Even though I could lose the interest in the flight attendants a little, I was totally satisfied with the well-maintained airplane before its flying.
Sitting on my aisle seat, I waited for the flight without anything to do. I checked the movie schedule on the flight and the menu for night food, to kill time. But, suddenly, a young woman asked me to stand up for a few seconds in order to sit on her window seat next to me. I stood up gently soon, and she could sit down there softly. My interset moved naturally from the airplane-inside information to the outside view from the window. I wanted to memorise the beautiful scene of Australia then, even though it was completely dark outside. I could expect for the happening of drama in the flight.

Then, something happened soon.
A flight attendant suddenly started to check a Japanese passanger before flight. His board ticket and passport were checked very carefully, and he seemed to be asked for something. He looked surprised because he couldn't why he was checked.
Everybody near him were looking at him very well, including me. He looked an ordinary man. But, of course, his looking could hide his wrong political or religious thinking. It was clear that he didn't have any weapon at the moment, so if admitted, I could attack and submit him soon at that time, because now he concentlated on the flight attendant but me, so it was very easy for me to punch him from the back-side of him.
However he was seen clean.
Soon after that, another flight attendant came close to the guy next to him, and asked the guy to remove his bag under his seat to a shelf. He obeyed the attendant's suggestion soon, and put his bag up on the self.

I couldn't understand what exactly happened and was the problem then. Anyway, I started to be more nervous after that. I lost the room to glance at and check the window.
The terrorists were still sitting near us. I was not admitted to attack them. It was very natural that my feeling was very uncomfortable.
Soon after the plane taking off, I ordered a flight attendant a bottle of wine. The wine was not special, but I could be enough drunk by it, so I could be relaxed under the dangerous situation. But, of course, I didn't stop checking the suspicious Japanese men during the flight. If I was ordered, soon I could put my heel on their head from the dangerous angle of the buck-side. They would be calebrated by bloody-shower, and become in comma if I did so.
However they seemed to understand their situation. They continued to behave as normal persons till the plane reached Tokyo. That's why I lost the chance to show my diamond-heel-stamp-technique.

I drunk two small bottles of wine in the airplane. So, I could sleep very well. When I got up, I had already been in Japan. The terorrists looked to have a sleep very well, too. The woman next to me also looked to have a good sleep by the help of beer.
Finally my travel finished peacefully. The plane reached Japan, and I went home by bus. Three days travel to Australia was certainly short, but it took more days to go back to my daily routine life in Japan. I might be still dreaming.

2 comments:

Mike said...

hi akio,
sounds like you had an excellent trip. where are the pictures? did you take any?

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Ya. I enjoyed the trip very much.

Unfortunately I didn't take pictures at all. Because I am a lazy photographer.
But, I am a hard-working writer. So, please read my articles and imagine the beautiful australian scenery.