Monday, February 26, 2007

VS View of Enoshima

Last weekend, the view of Enoshima was beautiful.
Even though it was very cold in Japan then, I went to surf there.

Fine day. The sky was blue. Enoshima island was existing peacefully as usual, in front of horizon. We could also look at Mt. Fuji existing far away from the beach.
Far away. But, it's huge. I always misunderstand I can go there soon from there. Of course, impossible. The mountain is covered by snow now. Surfing on the sea with watching a snow mountain. It's funny.

There is an aquarium in Enoshima. It has dolphin shows everyday. I can listen to the music and announcement of the shows on the sea.
For some surf lovers, the loud sound might be noisy. Actually it erases the sound of the wave. It might be destroying the peaceful atomosphere of beach. But, for me, it's ok. For me, it's Enoshima beach.
This beach is always messy. In summer season, a lot of shops are built on the beach. Some are open almost for 24 hours. The access to the beach is very easy, so many people come there. The beach looks like a rush hour train. We can't count the number of people on the beach like the number of sand.
Not only in summer but also winter, many people come there. Some are for dating. Some for fishing. Some for just looking at sea. And, a small portion of some for surfing.
I think Enoshima souldn't be a silent beach. The unique atomosphere colors the beach.

Sometimes, fish jump up from the surface of sea into the air. When I saw it first, I thought they were playing. But, it's not true.
I knew they are fighting each other to keep their territory in the sea. And, the loser jump up into the air to escape.
Last weekend, I watched a lot of jumping fish on the sea. The battle in the sea seemed to be escalated.

I had stayed on the sea for three hours on the day. It was longer than usual. The longer I stayed on the day, the longer I wanted to stay. It might sound masohistic. But, the truth was that the water temparature was warmer than the cold air. That's why I couldn't get away from the sea. Now I realised, I should go to hot spring in this season.

1 comment:

Mike said...

that sounds beautiful. i can almost see Mt. Fuji against the horizon right now...just beyond my desk. ah! i see it!