Sunday, September 07, 2008

VS Roman food

I went to a Roman restaurant in Takadanobaba, Shinjyuku-ku, Tokyo. The restaurant name is Taverna. In Japanese the name sounds 'Don't eat.' In Italy, it just means a restaurant.
Italian food is popular in Japan, but Roman food is very special. Altohugh I had no idea for it, I chose the restaurant for a drinking party with my colleague.
I worried about the price of the dishies a little, but they were not cheap but reasonable.
We ordered a casual course menu because we don't know Roman food at all. Starting with appetizers on a large plate, risotto, spaghetti, fish food, beef food. The amonut of each dish was big, so some female coworkers gave up eating some.
For me, the difference of Roman food and typical Italian food was not clear. But, those foods were very good. They were fitted very much to red and white wine. Thus, we drunk many bottles of wine on the day. I have to add that I was shocked when looking at the check. Delicious is Dangerous.

The restaurant owner is very talkative. Even if you go for a dinner there alone, you wouldn't get tired. The restaurant's head office is in Roma. If you can go to Tokyo or Roma, please enjoy thier dishes.

No comments: