Saturday, September 27, 2008

VS Origine of Beer

Although there are many types of beer (for example, black beer, white beer, ale beer, trapist beer, and so on), 80% of consumed beer in the world is shared by pilsner type, which is the most popular in Japan too. Four major Japanese beer companies (Asahi, Kirin, Sapporo and Suntory) provide us with much pilsner.

Pilsner Urquell is the historical origine of all pilsner, made in Czech and Slovak. I enjoyed it recently in a beer pub. I tried to drink it because I should not only drink beer and also study the history of beer. "Study" might be extreme, but it is good for hte topic of conversation in a pub.
Beer is progressing. So, I had thought that drinking classical beer didn't have any more meaning of experience. Modern beer must be better for our tongue.

However, the quality of Pilsner Urquell is over its historical position. The taste was quite simple but very high. It doesn't add anything with beer. It was my impression when drinking it for the first time. Compared with it, Japanese beer might be sweeter.

I read an article about Pilsner Urquell later. For Urquell's brewers, it seems to be a taugh work to keep the beer's taste same as the origine. "Change" is the word people likes because it sounds challanging. But, for Urquell's brewers, "Unchange" is challanging. I was impressed by their great job.

No comments: