Saturday, October 11, 2008

VS Octoberfest 2008

The most popular German beer festival, Octoberfest, started in Yokohama last week! As a beer lover, I can't miss the event. I went to Yokohama last weekend.
I reported about this event in this blog last year. It was my first time to join Octoberfest. It was a fantastic experience.
This year, I went there again, to know the character of German beer and festival more.

Following German trend, I started with white beer. The bitter of hop is weak, and you can feel fruity and a little milky. After enjoying it, German pilsner and black continued. Needless to say, they all have a great taste. I enjoyed them very much.

Not only beer but also German music is enjoyment in the event. A German local music group comes to Yokohama for the event. Their music pushes us to more beer! The song for cheers is the climax of this event. Exerybody sang this song;

Ein Prosit der Gemutelichkeit

Eine Prosit Eine Prosit Der Gemutelichkeit.

Eine Prosit Eine Prosit Der Gemutelichkeit.

Eine! Zwei! Drei! G'suffa! Prost!

( Cheers for comfortment.

Cheers Cheers the comfortment.

Cheers Cheers the comfortment.

One! Two! Three! Drink! Cheers!)


Many people stand on the chairs and say "Prost!". And, of course, drink! We can feel a strong unity at the moment.
I was told by a doctor not to drink too much in my health check. But, when facing a beer event, nobody can be allowed to escape from it. I have to say "Prost!" tomorrow again...

No comments: