Saturday, December 13, 2008

VS Surfer Tetsu

The surfer sergeant Tetsu, around 45, was a professional surfing trainer based on Enoshima beach. Recently he quited his job, and went to Italy to know modern Italian cuisine. He will start Italian restaurant business next year.

When I surfed for the first time, I learned it from him. I joined a surfing school, and got his lesson. The keeping my balance on a board was very difficult for me then, but it is an easy job now. Long time has passed since then.

I heard that he was a chef before. He will come back to his old job. I thought the restaurant business is very very taugh now because of economical recession. But fortunately he seems to have a good sponsor. I hope of his success.

During summer time, many people come to Enoshima beach, but in other seasons, the beach is calm. His new restaurant might bring more people there.

2 comments:

Mike said...

What a great life he has! It certainly is exciting eating in a foreign country and learning about the food. I can't even imaging how awesome it would be to get to speak with chefs and go into the restaurant kitchens to learn how it's really done. Sounds like a great adventure!

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

He had the experience of chef job before. So, he could have a good suporter to help his new job.
I don't know the difficulty of managing a restaurant, but the business itself must be an adventure!