Sunday, March 15, 2009

VS New School

Endless working days are continueing on me. This month, I am very busy for my work. Actually I am always busy. But, this month is special.
Now I am working for a new-born school which is open from this April. The school's major is the oriental medcine. Now the school is rushing to prepare for their opening.
I sold them a huge number of books, magazines, book-shelves and so on. They need their library in the school. So, they bought many things related to library. It's good for them, and good for my business.
Unfortunately, and every so often, there is no librarian there, even though they made a library. In Japan, librarians have been a difficult job to be, since before starting this economical recession. The job of librarian is one of victims in a cost-cut strom in schools.

I sold a large number of books to a new library.
But, there is no people there.
And, there is empty book-shelves there.
Who have to set up the many books on it?

My customer told me, "You are professional. I trust you."
Oh my God. It means the setting-up is my job!

Medical books might be an unfamilier type of book for you.
The character for the content is that the book is for medcine.
The character for the physicality is that it is large and heavy!
So, it is a very taugh work to carry a lot of medical books. In addition, the books in a library have to be categorised. It is also taugh to sort books I can't understand.

Anyway, I finished the work without taking holidays in this month.
The people in the school look happy to the new, beautiful library.
But I worry about who manages the library after this April? I cat't ask them when looking at their happy face, though.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Wow! A book salesman's job is pretty tough. I hope your customers appreciate your dedication!

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Thank you, Mike.
Actually my customers appreciated me very much.
I thnik our relationship will last after the school will open.