Sunday, March 01, 2009

VS Mobile Culture

Today I made my mobile blog. By chance, I found the mobile blog service in Google.
Honestly, I don't have to use it. But, I will use it for a while because it is good that I am familier with a new technology.

When it comes to my business, book-sales, mobiles novels are becoming popular among the young people in Japan. The market is becoming larger every year. The comparison with the old publishing market in Japan (it's shrinking now.) is interesting.
I read some mobile novels recently. To be precise, I tried to read some.
For me, they were boring.
The sentences in the novels are short, to fit them to the mobile's small screen. So, the novels are actually easy to read. But, I thought the novels don't have the depth of language expresson.

However, I wouldn't deny the new genre. The sentence shortage can be the energy for new arts. In fact, Japanese culture has two traditional styles of short wards poem, Waka (within 31 characters) and Haiku (17 characters). Limited usage of words can be an advantage.

I have to add my practical problem at last. Because I don't have a televison and a computer, I relay on my mobile very much to get informations in this world. So, I have to master my mobile to survive...

No comments: