Sunday, March 22, 2009

VS Playing Sepak Takraw

What is Sepak Takraw?
When I said "I played Sepak Takraw.", five to ten people gave me the question.
Another five people could know it is a sport. But, even they could not describe it exactly. "I know we use our foots to play it. And, . . . That's all I know!"

Sepak Takraw is the sprot like valley ball. But, we don't use our hand, but our foots. The court size is as same as badminton. One team is three players.
The ball was originally made by bamboo, but now by plastic. So, it is a little hard.
I played the minor sport recently in Atsugi for the first time.

One guy is working in Atsugi, and manage the only one Atsugi Sepak Takraw team. And he is the only one player in the team. He always practices alone!
But, recently, by chance, Aeon student Akira introduced me and other friends to the team (or, him). So, I could have the chance to play.

As you imagine easily, it is very difficult to control a ball on your foot. The ball size is smaller than a soccer ball, so we tend to fail to kick the center of the ball. In addition, as I mentioned above, the ball is hard. So, my ankle was damaged when I played, because my kicking-point was not good.
However, even though our playing-level was low, the game was exciting and interesting. I don't know why, but we like to maneuver something by foot. So, when I could kick the ball well, I felt happy.

Spring is the good season to start something new. I started this season with a new sport I've never experienced.

No comments: