Saturday, November 14, 2009

VS Sauce Fried Noodles

I am happy for working in Japanese publishing world. Because I can sometimes meet great books to show Japanese publications are rich.
Recently a book to focus on sauce fried noodles is published in Japan.

The ad for the book says it is the first book only for sauce fried noodles in the world.
Yes! Certainly I have never met such a book. Even though it is a popular food and we can eat it on any places in Japan, and there are many books for noodles; spagetti, soba, ramen, udon and so on, AND sauce fried noodles are a very original noodle food born in modern Japan, nobody haven't published the book for it.

From the book, we can know there are may types of sauce frried noodles in Japan. The simplest one is noodles with meat and cabbage. Another one is with egg. In the northern Kanto area, potato is used! It's very surprising for the pople in other area.

For the pople bron in the western Japan like me, sauce fried noodles are like a daily food. In a house and a school, I ate it. In coffee shops, it is always on the menu as a light food, in the western Japan. In festivals, sauce fried noodles shops are one of the most popular shops.

One of my memorial things was that I had BBQ on the beach in Austlaria. I ate sauce fried noodles there. For Japanese, it's not special. But for Australian, what I ate there must have been strange.

I can't stop writing about my memory about sauce fried noodles, but the book is useful to understand Japanese food culture. I recommend it.

No comments: