Sunday, December 06, 2009

VS Hida Beef

The scenery of Hida-Takayama city is a little diffrent from other Japanese local city. When you visit a rural area, you can eat its local foods; Soba noodle, fish foods, traditinal vegetable dishes and rice foods are typical. They are classic Japanese cuisine. Of course, here in Hida-Takayama, you can eat such foods. But, maybe, the most astonishing food there is beef. Hida beef is one of the highest quality beef in Japan.

In the city, there are many steak restaurnts and butchers. Humberger shops and Beef "Suchi" restaurants are many too. In Tokyo, it's not special. But it's rare in local cities in Japan.

Like other types of beef we Japanese prefer, Hida Beef has oil like frost. So, it is very soft, and melts in our mouse naturally. This character of beef we like is friendly for our chin and teeth. But, that's why, they can be weaken. So, it might be a bad friend.
Anyway, the quality is high. Of course, I enjoyed it very well.

In the hotel I stayed, I ordered the special Hida Beef course. At the dinner, I started with beef, I finished with beef. Beef hors d'oeuvre, beef salad, beef nabe, beef sushi, baked beef, raw beef and son. I re-realised that beef is No.1 food then.

Hida-Takayama's local sake and beer match the great beef. I drunk too much on the trip, because there are many drinks I didn't know. I have to travel in Japan more for the new taste I've never experienced.

2 comments:

Mike said...

you should write a guide book for different beers and such across Japan.

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Mike, I am researching more about Japan's beer.
In Hida-Takayama, there are two local beer. But, on this trip, I heared from a person there were more before. It is an unknown fact. Actually we can't find the fact on internet. How many beer were thwre? What were the name? Who was a brewer?
If I can research them fully, I would write a book!