Sunday, July 31, 2011

VS Atsugi Library

Before leaving Atsugi, I have to clean up many things. Human relationship is one of them. But it was and has been very clear for me in Atsugi. I don't worry about it.
What I worry about is my books.
During 15 years in Atsugi, I bought many books. Basically I didn't throw away the books after reading, so my small room is occupied by them. I have to make decision for their future.
Some will be moved to Kyoto with me. But many books have finished their role for me. That's why I decide to give them to Atsugi Library.

I am not sure the library likes my books. But I think I can give them some good collections. Because I am a professional book-salesman, I sometimes buy or get "rare" books. They are actually not rare. We can buy them easily. But I mean it is rare for Japanese public library to buy them. For their small budget, they always buy only popular books.

Today I brought a magazine collection to the library. The magazine started to be published only for the limited reader. It was not a commercial magazine. So, nobody couldn't buy it at that time. After some volumes were published, it became to be sold in bookstores. But its publication was finished a few years ago. The magazine's last volume was not in any bookstores. But I have it!
I hope Atsugi library can understand the value.

No comments: