Friday, October 09, 2015

VS 1960's

The title "My 1960's". When I tweeted this book in Twitter, the reply and retweet was the most in my tweets. I was very surprised at it.

The author is Yoshitaka Yamamoto. He was the leader of Tokyo University at the era of 1960's Student Power. Aftet he left the university, he became a teacher of physics. He wrote many academic books but he wouldn't write about the era of Student Power. So, it is a big news that he published the book about the era. However, now he is around 70 years old. Most readers including young publishers don't know him. That's why they can not undersatnd how big the new is. But it is understandable. Even for me, the theme he is writing is an old story. Most people must not have the interest in the era.

I wouldn't think this book will be translated to other languages, because the topic is minor. But, it is worth informing my friends of the existence of this minor book.

No comments: