Sunday, February 20, 2005

VS China(2)

Chinese people loves eating. They walk on the street with eating something. Of course such a scene is not special. But the percentage of eating pedestrian may be bigger in Shanghai than Tokyo.
I was impressed by the people standing on the road, who did nothing, just standing still.
I met such a people in the poor area in Shanghai.
People usually do something; talking with others, working for anything, sleeping, running or smiling by any reason. The impressive people in Shanghai were the just standing people outside.
If I can speak Chinese, I want to ask them what they are thinking about deeply.

Starbucks, MacDonald, KFC and Big Echo(Karaoke) ; there are too much familier things in Shanghai. I found Oden in a convinience store. It is arranged by chinese style, but it is a clearly Japanese popular junk food. Maybe these unspecial things get rid of the color or character from each cities. On the other hand we can easily understand or share the life pattern and the thinking style of differnt people.

In the last article I reported about very god drink.
I bought another type of Sake at the same time.
The drink is stronger than another one. I t has over 50% alchool.
It is made of the oil of five differnt types on snake.
I heard form seller that this drink make my hook hand bigger, harder, stronger and taugher after drinking. I couldn't miss it. I had thought I needed very hard training to get better my hook hand. But, Once I drink it, I can get the great ability of hook hand. This is the easiest way. My purpose of this trip had been reached.
I bought the one bottle of anacondic drink.
I have never tried it. But I can hope my hook hand gets super performance to any enemy.

2 comments:

sacchan said...

I remember similar scenes.
When I was an university student, I went a trip to India with my friend.
I saw Indian men who were so skinny that I could see their bones,
They sat down at roadsides and wore loose fitting clothes.
Their complexions were really dark
(or dirty).Only the white of their big eyes contrasted remarkably their skin colors. Some of them were selling Indian milk tea called "chai". Almost men did nothing except for looking at people and cows who were walking by them.
I wondered what they're thinking.
At first,I supposed that they merely idled away their time. But I remembered that Indian are wise people.
As you know, in the second century B.C.they invented the concept of zero.
Probably, they're philosophizing about how to spend time.
How about Chinese people ?

Now I'm not in a bad temper about that you threw beer on me,
Please let me join this blog community!

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Mmm, your case in India and my case in Shanghai is completely differnet.
Shanghai people I met was not skinny and wore good size clothes.
If you remember your experience in India by my article, it is a misunderstanding.
There are a lot of absolutely poor people in the world.
In Shanghai some people is in rich class and some people in poor class.
But I have never seen absolutely poor people there.
In this article I wanted to focus on the cotrast between very aggressive phase in Shanghai and silent phase.
On your experience, you wrote about your impression of thing's SURFACE , but I think you can rethink about its deeper
background and express it in your blog.