Saturday, March 26, 2005

VS Shanghai(1)

It was my second visit of Shanghai in this year.
I am not a china freek but China is close to Japan. It is easy to go.
And it is valuable to go.
I and my friends made a tour and visited there.

My last visit was early February. It was a chinese new year season.
Then it was a holiday for many chinese people.
Many shops, restaurant, company and places were closed.
This time in March was different.
All places were open. Compared to last month, Shangahi was more active
and more and more noisy this month.

I rushed to see many sightseeing spot on the previous trip in Shangahi.
But ths time I don't have to rush.
I walked around Shangahi slowly, and I found many things I could't find last time.

Our party walked around the area where many old modern western architectures were built.
They are historical architectures when France, England, America and Japan etc governed China. They are not only historical but also very beautiful. I looked at one old church. It was like a church in fairy tale.
Now the area is a good sight spot. But also it is a target of real estate investment.
The land price becomes too high.
Unfortunately the people only watching the old houses, like me, don't drop money in the area.
It is good for the land owner to scrap them and build new office buildings.
Then I heard that the old architectures become less and less.
It's a disappointing thing.

We went to the antique goods shopping street.
Old books, pictures, photos, plates, swords, crowns, marjang pies, chinese chess boards, Mao Tsu-tung pins etc. This place was very nice. I was not bored with watching this area.
If chinese peoples sales is softer, this place is better.
They tend to hustle on business.
It is OK for electric equipment sales.
But an antique market is the place which a well understanding buyer meets a well understanding seller. Aggressive sales is not sophisticated there.
I bought some old postcards there.
(to be continued.)

No comments: