Sunday, September 24, 2006

VS World Travel Fair (1)

World Travel Fair 2006 was held last weekend in Odaiba, Tokyo. This fair is produced once a year by JATA, Japan Association of Travel Agency. Because I heard that it is not only convenient for getting together the travel information, but also good for knowing a lot of diffrent countries' culture, I joined the event.

Each country has its booth in the exhibition area. At first, I went to Iceland booth with my friend Akira II. He is planning to go there this new year to experience minus 30 degrees. His problem was not his crazy desire but the lack of the information about the country. Fortunately, he could have a chance to talk with the persons who know the country very well. In winter season, the country's social infrastructure is freezed, therefore it becomes difficult to move freely. But he could know some bus routes are alive even in winter. His desire will be satisfied next year.

I visited China booth soon. I went there many times before, but I know only a small portion of the huge country.
China booth was divided into the smaller booths of many cities and areas. So, total China booths were as very big as the country itself.
I talked with a chinese staff in Shandong booth. Shandong is located almost between Beijing and Shanghai. She explained the city was the hometown of Chinese old philosopher, Koushi (This is Japanese pronunciation.). However, because we all didn't know his philosophy, we talked about famous beer, Thin Tao, which is made in the city. The beer is programmed rationally to fit to Chinese foods. Maybe, we talked about a kind of science matter then.

In Nepal booth, I talked with the staff about the country's political situation. This year, an inside war happened there.
For me, Nepal politics is very complex and difficult to understand. It was good to hear from the staff that now the social situation is peaceful.
Through the inside war, the king of Nepal lost thier political power, then the people in Nepal is discussing whether the king system should be left or not. I recommend the stuff to make the king just only a symbol of the country. Needless to say, it's the same system as Japanese emperor.

The most disappointing booth was UAE's. Now, Dubai is one of the most developing cities in the world. A learge number of oil money is coming to the city. I herad that my company will make a branch there. It means I can possibly work in the city, so I wanted to know it.
The booth was very crowded and there was a long line. I waited on the line for a long time. But, all I could get was just the hotel informations.
My impression is that not only UAE booth but also other Arabic countries' were gorgeous but not appealing. To be honest, within my short-time experience, compared with other countries, I thought they don't have enough skill or idea to introduce themselves to the people who don't know them at all. Still now, for me, they are secret. What different from me do they have? What same things do we share? I couldn't get them in the fair. Should I work in Dubai someday to know them more?
Hm, maybe it's a good idea.

(To be continued.)

No comments: