Sunday, October 01, 2006

VS World Travel Fair (2)

I thought Korea and China booth was aggressive to the passangers in the fair, and I thought that was a good thing. When I walked by their booth, they always tried to talk to me,or give me some pamphlets. Of course, it was welcome for me. I could easily get many informations and chances to communicate with them.
They understood very well the reason why they were there; they did come to Japan and join the fair, in order to introduce their country's charming points to Japanese.
I think they made their mission completely.
On the other hand, as I wrote in the last article, the Arabic booths were not exciting. I was looking forward to an exciting conversation in Iran booth, but I couldn't have a chance to talk with the stuffs. They looked not to have the interest in Japanese customers. Or, they might lack the passion of their business, even though their booths were very gorgeous.

* When I talked about this experience and my impression
to my English teacher Sudhan, in my discussion class, he
said it's natural for them. Not only Arabic people but also
South Asian seem to have not so strong interest in unknown
other people, even in such a business fair. But, I heard from
Sudhan, they seem to be very passionate in a private
situation.

The conversatin in Belgium booth was good. Although I didn't ask the stuff for alcholic matter, she started soon to explain Belgian beer. I don't know why. I might have alcholic smell at the time.
Anyway, if you can drink beer but haven't taste Belgian beer yet, I can say it's a tragedy. Belgian beer is Art, the art of liquid. Like French respects their wine, Belgian respects their beer. It has its history, variety and unique taste. Honestly speaking, I know nothing for Belgium but the beer. My opinion is that drinking can break the barrier of language. So, I know I can share the same perspective of this world with Belgian, even though I don't have Belgian friends.

Many African countries had their own booths in the fair.
For Japanese, African countries are the most unfamilier ones. Maybe same for all people in the world but African.
Africa is the forgotten area.
So, I was a little surprised when finding many African booths.
I could have the oppotunity of talking with the stuff in Uganda booth. However, she was not African. She was just a representative of African tour company.
What is the appealing point of the tour in Africa? I didn't have any idea. She recommend me of Mountain Gorilla watching tour. In Africa, Mountain Gorilla lives near the human. She said they are very peaceful, not dangerous, so we can even touch them.
Compared with other countries, African countries have less resources for tourism. It might be taugh for them to compete with other develping and developed countries in a business exhibition.
I had complex feelings to listen to the Mountain Gorilla tour from her. The image of Africa is certainly fitted to the Gorilla plan. However, Gorilla is really only one resource for their tourism? Or, they are trying to adjust their business to our stereotype image of Africa?
In the booth, I became to want to know Africa more.

Travel fair must be a good oppotunity to compare with many countries' culture. On the day, Tokyo Game show was held in other place, but if you want unexpected surprise and finding, Travel fair must be better.

No comments: