Sunday, October 29, 2006

VS Dog House

As usual, I took part in Aeon's Halloween Party last weekend. Altough Halloween becomes pupular in Japan, the costume party still makes us nervous a little more than relaxed. In the party, we have to be in strange. However, we don't like to be seen strange. So, we tend to weaken our strangeness even in Halloween party. But, we know weak strangeness mekes us boring, and bored. That's why we have to break something in my mind before the party. Therefore, we become nervous. And, I was nervous then.

Recently it becomes easy to find and buy costumes for Halloween. For example, we can buy them in Tokyu Hands, which has a special selling area for it. But, it is risky to buy our costume there. Because, other people can easily buy their coustume there. Same Costume. It is a fatal mistake not only in Halloween party. Even if the costume is a great one, when we find others in the same one, it loses uniqueness. In Halloween, we have to be the only one. It makes us nervous more.

Without a good costume idea, the party day had come. My friend told me to wear a surfer's costume, but I refused. Now it's not a costume for me. It's my uniform. Halloween party is not an uniform party. So, I can't wear it.
When I walked around a home center, I found a small dog house. I checked it.
It was light, and I thought I could make a hole on the bottom.
I thought I could wear the dog house.

Fortunately nobody weared a dog house in the party. I could be an only one.
It was confortable to stay in the dog house, but inconvenient to drink, eat and chat with others in the party. So, I kept my head out of the house from the entrance. I understood the feeling of dogs to want to take a walk.

Also as usual, the party continued until midnight.
The last stage was a Sushi restaurant. Halloween and Sushi must be an unique combination. Compared with other Halloween parties, our party could be original.

1 comment:

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

The view from doghouse was narrow. Certainly it was a funny costume for others, but it was not good to enjoy listening to others in a party situation. I always put my head out of the entrance then.

It's something bad like something annoying for some countries to block some sites! They should understand such attempts don't work.

Pat, we are waitong for your new CD.