Saturday, October 07, 2006

VS Election

Today, the ticket to vote was sent to my house by mail. I knew an election would be held in my prefectue this month.

The political scene in Japan looks to become boring after the prime minister Koizumi left the government. He had very well directed an interesting political show for five years. I think his show was a B-class drama, but it was certainly interesting. Altough I don't support him, for now I miss him a little.
It must be an unlucky thing to be compared with Koizumi. Anybody looks less attractive than he. So, our new prime minister Abe will have a difficulty of appealing himself. I am not sure he has any appealing points, though.

During the five years, The Democratic Party in opposition had been weakend by the magic of Koizumi. After his leaving, altough now is the chance to get power again for them, their shadow looks still thin. They also don't have an enough appealing point. I think our political show is going into a new stage without main characters.

Looking at the world politics, I guess the president Bush feels lonely now.
Because, Koizumi finished his job happily and had gone. Blair wouldn't be happy, but he will be able to escape from a heavy duty soon.
However, Bush have to continue to stand alone more for a while. As we know, it is fashionable to come late to a party. And in addition, I think it is also true that early getting out of the party is cool.
For Bush, the cool way was difficult to choose.

Back to our new prime minister Abe, he will go to China and Korea tomorrow. I don't know why the two countries agreed with meeting him. I think his visiting has no more the meaning of saying-hello. I don't expect for any honest conversation among them in his visit. Only typical political performance will go.

I am not sure I will go to the election because this month I am very busy not only for business but also for barbecue, surfing, Halloween party and so many attractive events on.
I hope the candidates will give me the motivation to the election.

3 comments:

Mike said...

hi akio,

i don't know much about japanese politics. why did you not agree with koizumi? i would be interested to hear. also what will you be for Halloween?

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Hey Mike, how r u? Do you also have Halloween party in NY?
I've not caught the idea of good costume yet.
Everytime before Halloween, I have a headache for thinking about it.

For Mr.Koizumi, I don't say "Not agree". I said "Not support".
Just listening to his policy of "Structual Reformation" literaly, I can agree with him, but I think his reformation or revolution was a fake.
One example is a highway construction policy. Even though he said no more useless highway would be constructed, he couldn't stop the construction plan. But, he said he changed the plan successfully. It was clearly a fake.
That's why I didn't suppot him.
However, he was a terrific person. And, a terrific person is certainly an interesting person and an attractive person. So, I like his character only.

Now, I got a costume idea. How about Presley?
It might be funny, isn't it?

Mike said...

i think presley would be a great costume. i might go to a halloween parade. i think there are two, one that goes on in Chelsea and another that is on the Lower East side. the chelsea parade is mainly gay people and so it is very festive and interesting. but the Lower East side one is more ethnic. i don't know much about it but my friend told me that many native american cultures from central and south america and north america come to show their culture for this parade. and also all south and central american people celebrate the Day of the Dead. it's like obon, but it's a big big parade. maybe i will go to that.