Wednesday, December 27, 2006

VS Crab Party

Last weekend, I was on the sea.
As I wrote here before, I tried to surf on the Christmas day.
My wet suit was not thick enough to surf for winter season. But I didn't have it, so I tried surfing, and won against the cold water. But, I had better buy a thicker suit soon next year, or I will catch a cold before catch the wave.
The wave was a little high and strong then. I could enjoy very well. I have realised my surfing skill is getting better even though the tempo is gradual.
Every time I surf, I seem to find something out. Now I can't explain what the "something" is, but it's something deep.

After surfing, I joined a party produced by the surf shop in which I keep my surf board. It was my first and good chance to know very well the people in surfer's community.
The main dish in the party was Crab. The shop staffs bought a lot of crabs (25kg!) in Hokkaido on internet. We cooked and ate them a lot. Boiled crab, Baked crab and pasta with crab. Everything was great. One of the shop staffs worked for Italian restaurant before, so the dishes were very tasty.
It is generally said that Crab mekes us silent, but we spent a good chatting time with these foods.

I am still a green boy surfer. That's why, I always have to behave as a modest amateur on the wave. I don't surf in a good big wave area on the sea, which is for high level surfers. I have to obey and follow veterans.
However, in the party situation, compared with all surfers, I can say I am a real party veteran.
Once I drink, I can easily go into the deep inside of people, and can catch the wave of voltage in the party. Maybe, this skill is sophisticated in my English school, Aeon. I don't know how the school influences my English. But it actually influences my social communication skill better.
So, I could enjoy talking very much with other surfers I saw for the first time there.

Although about 25 people joined the party, we couldn't eat all crabs. The quantity was certainly too much. For a while, I will not eat crabs.

No comments: