Sunday, December 10, 2006

VS Nagasaki China town

I stayed in a hotel near Nagasaki China town.
In Japan, there are three China town. One is in Yokohama. It is the biggest one. Another is in Kobe. And, the last is in Nagasaki.
Nagasaki China town is small. It has just two streets. (They are crossed.) We can walk around the town within ten minutes. After the ten minutes, we would lose the things we can do.
Why did I stay near the small town? What could I do there?
My aim was the only one thing. It was to eat an unique noodle food there. The food name is Chanpon.

Chanpon. The meaning is "Mix at random."
When we drink wine, beer, wokka and any other alchool at a single night, we call it Chanpon in Japan. The noodle food is like that.
A lot of sea foods, meats and vegetables are used in the dish. So, the looking is very gorgeous, and the taste is complex and heavy.
I went to Kouzanrou, the chinese restaurant famous for Chanpon, with my friends. Before going to the restaurant, we had a research in Nagasaki. We asked some people, taxi drivers and hotel staffs, where we should go to eat Chanpon.
Some people recommend us to go to Kouzanrou.
Autually, the recommendation was good. We enjoyed great Chanpon there.
To be honest, I didn't like Chanpon before because the taste was not organized or sophisticated for me. But this time, I changed my opinion to Chanpon. It's a great food.

Walking around Nagasaki city, I found another unique food.
The name is "Turkish Rice".
Turkish Rice?
It is the dish of a humberg, a spaghetti and a curry rice on a same plate. It's Chanpon of the dishes Japanese kids love.
I don't know why the dish name is Turkish Rice. But, anyway, I understood the eating desire of Nagasaki people is tremendously strong.

No comments: