Sunday, March 11, 2007

VS Okinawa bar

I found a new bar in Atsugi today. The bar name is Froggs. It is an Okinawa-style bar.
I've been to Okinawa a few times. It is a very relaxing place. For me, Okinawa is like a hometown, even though I don't have my relatives there. I can be peaceful there very much.
In the bar, we could drink Orion draft beer.
Orion beer is a popular Okinawa beer, but its draft beer is rare. So, when I drunk it in the bar, I was very surprised.

I ate some Okinawa original food there.
Tofu-yo was one of them.
Tofu-yo sounds like Tofu, but is diffrent.
It is like a cheese and has a strong smell. The taste is salty.
When we eat it, we can use a toothpick.
We don't pick it up with the toothpick. We just dig it a little with the head of the toothpick, and lick it.
As you can easily imagine, it takes a long time to eat Tofu-yo.

We can eat Gurukun, the fish popular and cheap in Okinawa, in the bar. The taste is not special. Honestly speaking, the quality of fish food in Okinawa is low. We can eat better fish foods in other areas in Japan.
However, because Gurukun is related to the memory of my Okinawa trip, it was very happy for me to find the fish in the bar. I've never seen the restaurants to use it around here.

KuuSuu should be drunk. So, I drunk it there.
KuuSuu means an old Sake in Okinawa language.
I don't know how to express the taste. "It is round on my tangue." I hope this explanation works well.
The bar has some types of KuuSuu.

New restaurants and bars are increasing recently in Atsugi.
I thought this city was dying before, but now it is getting alive again.

3 comments:

Mike said...

it certainly is good news that Atsugi is revitalizing itself from it's long slumber. i have many pictures from my trip to okinawa, if i have time tonight i will post them on my flickr account. i'll let you know when i do.

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Thanks, Mike. I'm looking forward to the photos.

Mike said...

hi akio. check out my photos on flickr.com. search for user funkyckn2000