Tuesday, March 13, 2007

VS Sketch of Conversation

I listened to a very small part of a conversation between two ladies in a train by chance.

"You know? Even though she is a one-year-grade worker, she weared a cardigan today."
"Really?"

I didn't know the context of the conversation.
So, I couldn't understand what it exactly meant.
But, fortunately or unfortunately, I could supplement the lack parts, guess the exact meanig, and think the conversation was understandable or "natural". Because I am Japanese.

If you can understand the conversation easily, you are Japanese or japanised.

1 comment:

Mike said...

i think that i can guess the conversation...this one-year worker is wearing a symbol of high status, the cardigan, and it is undeserved because she has only worked there for one year. in america we would say this person is uppity, or "too big for her britches" or more commonly "full of herself". unfortunately though, i cannot understand why these women feel this way.