Tuesday, May 29, 2007

VS Under Construction

Typhoon season is coming in Japan. Two typhoons had already been born this month around Japan. They were weak, and their life time were short, but they had great power certainly. So, they could make good waves on the sea. I think you can understand why all surfers are looking forward to the typhoon season.

Now the water tenparature on the sea is very comfortable. On Enoshima beach, there are many people coming to swim or to get suntan. Of course, a lot of surfers are there too.
We can find many surf-school students there now. The sea is filled with a lot of surfing biginners now. Needless to say, their surfing is terrible. Even keeping their balance on the surf board might be very difficult for them. I was so too. Surf instructer is pushing the tail of the surf-board of the students, because they can't paddle well enough. Then they try to stand up on the board, but they drop into the water soon. And, they try again. The loop of push-stand-drop looks endless. However, they look happy. So, I think they will not give up surfing, like me.

On Enoshima beach, now, the rest houses on the beach (uminoie) are under construction. From July 1st, the beach will be open for the people coming to swim.
Of course, even now, the beach is open for them. But, the beach is used mainly for surfers. It's uncomfortable and dangerous for them. So, from July 1st to August 31th, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, the beach is monopolized by normal swimmers. Surfer's activity is limited.
The rest houses are for the monopolizing swimmers. They searve food, drink and the rest space. Some houses are open for 24 hours. They are used like dance halls! Enoshima beach is unsleeping in summer.

2 comments:

Mike said...

hey akio

I once went to a beach in Chiba prefecture to surf. It was great. We had one of the rest houses there all to ourselves. I think it's a great idea. I had no idea that there were rest houses 24 hours a day in Enoshima. What a great beach party! I hope you investigate and report back your findings.

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Hey Mike,

Compared with Chiba, Enoshima is easier beach to surf. Someday I have to challange bigger wave in Chiba.

I haven't used the rest house on the beach for a long time, because if I use it, I must drink beer soon. Therefore I have to give up surfing. But I will try to use it this summer. I will report the scene of such a crazy beach.