Monday, July 09, 2007

VS Punk Rock

Punk Rock is one of the farest things from my life, but I went to listen to it tonight. A punk rock party was held at Club 24 West, in Yokohama. The place was very small, and it doesn't have the stage for bands. But, we can listen to their play very close to them. So, I could enjoy to feel tonight's bands' energy very much.

My and my friends' purpose to go there was to watch the performance of our friend's band, Herts The Turks. This time was the last one that we can watch, because they will leave Japan soon after the live. So, we couldn't lose the last chance to listen to their play.

Before their play, some Japanese bands played. They were very powerful, and the listeners were also powerful. They ran, jumped, kicked and tackled each others on the floor. I didn't think they were dancing then, but it might be a genre of dancing.
Anyway, their energetic performance made the floor warmed up very much. So, the play of Herts The Turks was very hot from the beginning. Everybody enjoyed it very much. This time was the second time that I listened to their play. Compared with the last time, I thoguht their performance became better. The combination of Turkish female vocal and British male vocal became more beautiful.
I heard that they will go to England after leaving Japan. Their combination is going to become better and better.

After the live, my ears were strange for a while. The too noisy place seemed to damage my listening capability. However, the damage was also comfortable for me. This feeling might be the charms of Punk Rock.

No comments: