Saturday, June 21, 2008

VS Meguro

One month has passed since I started to work in Meguro, Tokyo.
Compared with other big cities in Tkoyo, like Shibuya, Shinjyuku and so on, Meguro has a local city's atmosphere. I like it.
Now I commute to my office by using four lines. It takes around two hours to go there. The route I use is not the fastest one for me to reach my company. But the route is more comfortable because the numeber of commuter is less than others. That's why everyday I am happy because I can move in the train. On other routes, I have to freeze in a train car.

Two hours commuting is very long. And, It is Tokyo. But I wonder that I don't have any stress to it. Everday is like a trip. For a trip, the moving from a place to another place itself is enjoyment.
This might mean that it is still unusual event like a trip for me to work in Tokyo.
Actually I sometimes feel strange to the working condition or culture in my company's head office, even though I am working in a same company since I stared to work after the school. Each divisions and offices seem to have their own culture.
I am enjoying the challange to adjust to it and change it now.

Meguro's international atmosphere is great especially for foods! I can eat any genres of foods there. Recntly I found a good Spanish restaurant, whose branch is in Kannai, Yokohama. Because I sometimes used the restaurant in Yokohama, I have to enjoy Paella again in Meguro.
NOt only international foods but also many national foods are there. Sometimes I go to Amami island's food restaurant. Eating the local chicken food and drinking the black suger sake reminds me of a good memory of the travel to the island.

There is the office of Hori Production, one of the biggest entertainment companies many singers, comedians, acters and actresses belong to, in Meguro. Sometimes I walk near the office, with the expectation to meet famous people by chance. Unfortunately I haven't have such a chance yet, but someday I can meet and shake hands with somebody. You can easily understand why two hours is not long for me.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Dude. I love black sugar shochu. i think it's my favorite. Doesn't "meguro" mean "tuna" in english? if so, then i must go to meguro. you must remember: i am Tuna Man!

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Hey Mike, your Japanese is 83% correct!
Tuna in English is Maguro, not Meguro. I remember your are Tuna man = Maguro man. Of courese we can eat good Maguro in Meguro.