Monday, October 12, 2009

VS THE GRIFFIN

I sometimes go to THE GRIFFIN, a bar in Hon-Atsugi. This bar is new, opened in February. The bar looks like a typical beer bar, but we can drink wine and whisky too. Especially its collection of whisky is great. There are some bottler's whisky, which is the whisky before brending. Of course the price is high. But here is Atsugi, a local city in Kanagawa. So, compared with the bars in Tokyo, the price must be attractive.
However, because my favorite is beer, I go to drink beer before going home after hard work.

This bar is inside a business hotel. So, I thought many people staying the hotel use the bar, but the bar master Kyojima-san says over 90% of customers are outsiders including me. I don't know why? Sometimes there are no customer but me. I worry about the management of the bar.
The former prime minister Aso liked to go to hotel restaurants and bars. But the present prime minister Hatoyama likes Izakaya. Izakaya style and price is convenient and reasonable. So I like it too. Under this economical situation, cheap Izakaya mught be the trend.

Recently THE GRIFFIN started their community in MIXI. The member is increasing gradually. I hope their success in Atsugi.

1 comment:

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

I add that Aeon's Halloween party of 31th is held at this bar.